DSL Extreme
Where are you? Support > Knowledge Base > Email and Newsgroups > Newsgroups > Opera 8 > Opera 8 News reader

Opera 8 News reader

  Opera 8 - Newsgroups Client for Microsoft Windows

News server = news.dslextreme.com.com

 Creating a new newsgroups account:

Newsgroups are discussion groups.  You connect to a server and download them like e-mail.  You can read and even respond to what you read by posting your opinion on the subject.  Newsgroups cover every subject imaginable.  No matter what your interests, you'll find a newsgroups discussion on the subject.
On the Toolbar, click Tools and select Mail and chat accounts from the menu.

The Manage accounts window appears.
Click the New button.

Select News from the list.
Click the Next button to continue.

Real name  =  Enter your name.
E-mail address  =  Enter the e-mail address of the account.
Click the Next button to continue.

Incoming server  = news.dslextreme.com
Outgoing server  = smtp.dslextreme.com
Click the Finish button.

The following window appears:
Click the Account button and select Properties from the menu.

Enabling NNTP & SMTP Authentication:
The Properties window appears.
Select the Servers tab.
NNTP server:
Authentication  =  Select Auto from the menu.
Username  =  Enter the username you use to connect to the Internet.
Password  =  Enter your password.
Important:  Passwords are case-sensitive.  Ensure your Caps Lock key is DISabled.
Outgoing SMTP server:
Authentication  =  Select Auto from the menu.
Username  =  Enter the username of your e-mail address (everything before the @ symbol).
Password  =  Enter your password.
Important:  Passwords are case-sensitive.  Ensure your Caps Lock key is DISabled.
Click the OK button.

We come to the Manage accounts window.
Click the Close button.

Search our Knowledge Base

Do the links above not match what problem you're trying to solve or question you might have? With over 600 articles and growing our Knowledge Base most likely has what you're looking for.

Enter a Search Term: Or do an Advanced Search

Don't want to search? Go to our Knowledge Base directly

Send an Email to a Representative

Sales & Information

Have some pre-sales questions about our packages or features?

Billing Department

Have a question about your bill or upgrading your package?

Technical Support

Having problems with your Connection? Or setting up your email?

02

  I want to thank the person that helped me. They were great and I learned 2 new things about my email.

From Talia S.

  • @wasi_r @DSL Extreme Thanks for the awesome service. I am loving it. Also thanks to @leolaporte and @TWiT
  • @jank0 Wanted to thank @DSL Extreme